Calling all foodies! Do you have a passion for fresh, high quality natural food products? Are you able to provide a “wow” customer service experience? We are looking for an exceptionally talented Catering Sales Manager to join Richtree Natural Market Restaurants’ new concept in the Toronto Eaton Centre.
The Catering Sales Manager will be working to creating profitable relationships with corporate and private businesses, expand on lunch catering, function catering, and private event catering. The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing and developing food and beverage services while meeting customer expectations, food and hygiene standards and financial targets. This individual shall develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities amongst staff to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained. The catering sales manager may also assist with sales and marketing, recruitment and training, menu creation, and client assistance. You will bring your in-depth knowledge of catering sales and promotions to further enhance the success of the company.
Some of your responsibilities would include:
• Increase in-house and external catering sales.
• Ensure the provision of quality food and service, to the requirements and satisfaction of the company, including all meals, functions and resale items.
• Responsible for the day-to-day negotiation of prices with clients for catering function, various catering events, etc.
• Plan and cost menus, making sure that budgetary limits and prescribed menus are adhered to.
• Prepare contracts of new and existing catering clients and prepare proposal for potential clients.
• Ensure correct and timely completion of all administrative work.
• Ensure that cash-up procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure that sanitary and hygiene standards comply with company and statutory requirements.
• Be aware of and respond to the needs of staff, including induction, monitoring performance, coaching and ensuring that appropriate training is provided.
• Ensure that all appropriate workplace regulations, compliances and legislation regarding health and safety, food preparation standards, and Richtree Natural Market policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Constantly be aware of the needs of the clients/customer, continuously striving to create the right environment.
• Achieve catering profit goals and targets by ensuring negotiated function prices are in line with Richtree Natural Marker objectives.
• Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
• Plan, coordinate and assist in supervising the activities of workers in dining rooms, kitchens, bars and other areas.
• Keep records of payment and expense.
• Conduct regular inspections of operation.
• Consult with clients, providing plans and cost estimates.
• Maintain contact with clients before, during and after events to ensure satisfaction.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends in food preparation, techniques, and provide creative direction in the creation of menu items.
• Purchase food through authorised suppliers only.
To be considered for this position, you must have 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, posses a college diploma in Culinary Arts, or Food and Beverage Management or Sales, have legal permission to work in Canada, and strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
As part of our team, some of the things you could look forward to include:
• Continuous learning about various areas of the restaurant
• Training and development opportunities to improve your own skill set
• Working with leading edge technology
• Enjoying a collaborative and supportive environment alongside our superb management team
• Receiving wages well above the industry standard
If the prospect of helping us create an exceptional customer experience while working with leading edge technology are appealing, we want to speak with you!