Seeking ambitious and visionary professional to join the Finance team of a young, dynamic company based out of Westchester, NY. The company, Natural Markets Food Group, has purchased a collection of natural and organic grocery store and restaurant chains and is aggressively building new stores as well.
Who you are:
1. You are one of the smartest and most capable people you know
2. You have 1-2 years' experience in financial analysis, business administration, general accounting, cost accounting, economic analysis, systems analysis, personnel administration, or related area.
3. You are a wizard in excel and have some familiarity with coding in SQL and VBA
4. You are a self-starter, are comfortable with chaos and are extremely driven
5. You have a passion for retail
6. You possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field
Financial Analyst Job Duties:
a) Tracks financial status by monitoring variances from plan.
b) Determines financial status by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results.
c) Improves financial status by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
d) Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
e) Increases productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
f) Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
g) Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
h) Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Reporting Skills, Informing Others, Financial Skills, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Financial Diagnosis, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Statistical Analysis, Process Improvement, Financial Planning and Strategy